Knee Arthritis - Osteoarthritis (OA)
At the Biomechanix Clinic we adapt a two part strategy for the treatment of knee arthritis.
- First we will look to correct the mechanical alignment (biomechanics).
- Second is the use of injections to lubricate the arthritic joint.
At the Biomechanix Clinic we offer the following injection based treatments for osteoarthritis (OA):
- HYAJOINT Plus
Contact us for more information.
HYAJOINT Plus synovial fluid supplement is used to treat pain in osteoarthritis (OA) joint. The treatment provides a protective layer over the joint and synovial tissue in addition to providing a cushioning layer to the joint protecting it from external mechanical forces.
There are several potential benefits of HYAJOINT Plus for osteoarthritis (OA) sufferers:
- Treatment includes just one injection to relieve the pain of osteoarthritis.
- Hyajoint plus is not derived from animals and is made via the CHAPTM (Crosslinked Hyaluronic Acid Platform) process.
- The CHAPTM process produces residue free Hyaluronic acid and allows for optimal 98% cross linkage.
- The outcome of this process is a product that is highly elastic and flexible for knee joint viscosupplementation.
OSTENIL® is an isotonic solution of highly purified hyaluronan (sodium hyaluronate) developed specifically for the treatment of osteoarthritis. It contains 20mg / 2ml sodium hyaluronate and is administered intra-articularly as a course of three to five weekly injections. The beneficial effects of OSTENIL® develop gradually during a course of injections and persist for several months. Following a course of 3-5 injections, symptomatic improvement can be expected to last for up to 12 months.
- It is injected into the space in the joint that contains synovial fluid and works by restoring the normal balance between the breakdown and production of sodium hyaluronate.
- Usually given as a course of 3 injections over a period of 3 weeks
OSTENIL® PLUSOSTENIL® PLUS, like the standard version of OSTENIL®, is an isotonic solution of highly purified sodium hyaluronate (or hyaluronic acid) developed specifically for the treatment of osteoarthritis. The novel formulation of OSTENIL® PLUS utilises the combination of high concentration of sodium hyaluronate + mannitol. This formulation offers the option to reduce the number of SH injections to only one injection per treatment cycle.
- OSTENIL® PLUS contains a higher concentration of sodium hyaluronate, with the addition of mannitol.
- This formulation offers effective symptomatic relief with a single injection in knee and hip joints, and is well tolerated.
- OSTENIL® PLUS contains 40mg / 2ml sodium hyaluronate, plus mannitol.
- OSTENIL® PLUS is a single injection option.