Knee Arthritis - Osteoarthritis (OA)
At the Biomechanix Clinic we adapt a two part strategy for the treatment of knee arthritis.
- First we will look to correct the mechanical alignment (biomechanics).
- Second is the use of injections to lubricate the arthritic joint.
At the Biomechanix Clinic we offer the following injection based treatments for osteoarthritis (OA):
- HYAJOINT Plus
Contact us for more information.
DUROLANE has been developed specifically as a single injection to treat the symptoms of osteoarthritis (OA).
DUROLANE is the original single injection treatment to relieve the pain of osteoarthritis (OA) in specific small and large joints, since 2001. And it remains one of the most popular and effective treatments of osteoarthritis pain relief.
It is based upon a natural, safe and proven technology called NASHA®. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring molecule that provides the lubrication and cushioning in a normal joint. The stabilized form of HA in DUROLANE is known as NASHA®.
DUROLANE is a transparent gel which contains high levels of HA. It is injected into joints affected by osteoarthritis to relieve pain, which improves joint function and helps to restore quality of life. stabilized form of HA in DUROLANE is known as NASHA®.
There are several potential benefits of DUROLANE for osteoarthritis (OA) sufferers:
- The injection treatment directly treats the affected joint.
- Treatment is simple & quick to administer.
- Treatment is repeatable as required by your physician.
- May help to delay or even avoid hip or knee replacement surgery.
- Can provide long term freedom from osteoarthritis pain.
- Medicine/drug free alternative to tablets.
- Advanced and unique NASHA® technology.
- History of safe use.
- Longer lasting by design8,10.
- Significant and sustained benefits for OA patients.
HYAJOINT Plus synovial fluid supplement is used to treat pain in osteoarthritis (OA) joint. The treatment provides a protective layer over the joint and synovial tissue in addition to providing a cushioning layer to the joint protecting it from external mechanical forces.
There are several potential benefits of HYAJOINT Plus for osteoarthritis (OA) sufferers:
- Treatment includes just one injection to relieve the pain of osteoarthritis.
- Hyajoint plus is not derived from animals and is made via the CHAPTM (Crosslinked Hyaluronic Acid Platform) process.
- The CHAPTM process produces residue free Hyaluronic acid and allows for optimal 98% cross linkage.
- The outcome of this process is a product that is highly elastic and flexible for knee joint viscosupplementation.
OSTENIL® is an isotonic solution of highly purified hyaluronan (sodium hyaluronate) developed specifically for the treatment of osteoarthritis. It contains 20mg / 2ml sodium hyaluronate and is administered intra-articularly as a course of three to five weekly injections. The beneficial effects of OSTENIL® develop gradually during a course of injections and persist for several months. Following a course of 3-5 injections, symptomatic improvement can be expected to last for up to 12 months.
- It is injected into the space in the joint that contains synovial fluid and works by restoring the normal balance between the breakdown and production of sodium hyaluronate.
- Usually given as a course of 3 injections over a period of 3 weeks
OSTENIL® PLUSOSTENIL® PLUS, like the standard version of OSTENIL®, is an isotonic solution of highly purified sodium hyaluronate (or hyaluronic acid) developed specifically for the treatment of osteoarthritis. The novel formulation of OSTENIL® PLUS utilises the combination of high concentration of sodium hyaluronate + mannitol. This formulation offers the option to reduce the number of SH injections to only one injection per treatment cycle.
- OSTENIL® PLUS contains a higher concentration of sodium hyaluronate, with the addition of mannitol.
- This formulation offers effective symptomatic relief with a single injection in knee and hip joints, and is well tolerated.
- OSTENIL® PLUS contains 40mg / 2ml sodium hyaluronate, plus mannitol.
- OSTENIL® PLUS is a single injection option.