We have two highly skilled ultrasound experts at the Biomechanix Clinic, our clinical director Mr Abid Ali and Mr Adrian Burman
Our consultant Mr Ali has trained for several years in diagnostic and guided ultrasound scanning. This allows for specific diagnoses of your pain. ultrasound scanning can accurately see muscles bones joints ligaments and tendons. He now teaches and lectures in this field.
With over 12 years’ experience in the specialist area of musculoskeletal podiatric medicine, for the NHS and private practise we are pleased to offer the latest technology for the most modern and accurate, diagnoses and treatment for your healthcare needs.
Adrian Burman BSc (Hons), BSc (Hons), PGDip, PGCert
- 13 years imaging experience.
- 11 years ultrasound experience.
- A highly skilled, and motivated diagnostic medical Sonographer with a wealth of knowledge in all routine and many specialist areas of diagnostic medical ultrasound.
- Started career as a fitness professional following a sports and exercise science degree from the Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Worked for the Marriott hotel chain and was responsible for setting up and running of fitness programs for its staff and residents.
- Went on to further my skills by completing a second degree in diagnostic radiography at the University of Central England in Birmingham, where I remained for several years at the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.
- Having excelled at diagnostic radiography, moved on to specialise in diagnostic ultrasound and in particular Musculoskeletal ultrasound(MSKus).
I have a tenacious approach to my work and with my previous knowledge of sports science along with the huge diversity of my specialisms you can be confident on the service, you will receive.
In the past two years I have taken my skills into the private sector, creating my own company providing diagnostic ultrasound services to GP’s hospitals and various clinics in the community as well as on a part time basis providing ultrasound support to the well know medical device company Sonosite/FUJIFILM and MINDRAY UK as a Clinical Application Specialist for point of care.
Want to know the exact cause of your pain?
Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hip, Knee, Foot, Ankle.Musculoskeletal Conditions
Ultrasound uses non-harmful ultra high frequency sound waves to create images of the human body to aid in the diagnosis of many conditions, which may well otherwise go undetected.
Ultrasound has the advantage of allowing dynamic assessment of the joints, tendons and muscles in numerous areas of the body that would otherwise be impossible to dynamically assess via other imaging modalities. The areas suited to ultrasound Assessment encompass muscles, tendons and joints of the shoulder, elbow, Hand, wrist, hip, knee, ankle and foot as well as some of the lumps and bumps often encountered at these locations.
Our experts are highly qualified in diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound.
We have the latest Sonosite Ultrasound scanner, and we can accurately identify problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints and often also bony injury. In many instances, the detail with ultrasound diagnostic capability is superior to normal x-rays and MRI.
In some instances, further investigations may be necessary, our clinicians will give you several options if the need arises.
Contact us for more information.